Wasting time...

So I could be asleep or even better reading some informative book related to midwifery. Instead I am playing on the internet. So while I am at it I figured I could post some updates on me.

My open house went very well last month. A couple of nurse midwives from the hospital stopped in which was a pleasent surprise. We decided to have some informal get togethers with the home birth midwives and hospital based midwives. Very exciting indeed! I hope we can build bridges and become friends. I will update after our first meeting next month.

I had an interview a few weeks back at the new Mennonite only birth center which is opening this fall. I really hope I get that job. It will be different working so close to home after all of the traveling I have done for my training. They are planning on only having 3-4 births there per month so I wont be too busy to take my own clients too. That is IF I even get the job. Boy I wish we had a public birth center here in the burg. I bet it would be pretty well booked up quickly. A group of us have had this on our minds for years now. Just waiting for the perfect time to move forward. I truly believe that it could be a reality within the next 3 years.

I may also begin apprenticing under a northern Virginia midwife in a few weeks too. Just trying to see how much I can pile on my plate before I break. (ha ha) No really I am just trying to finish up my paper work so that I can meet the deadline to sit for the February 2010 NARM exam. This midwife that I will hopefully be working with is really busy and totally dedicated to training new midwives. From what I gather she will kick my butt, in a good way. So I will have the perspective of yet another wise women midwife to hopefully whip me into shape as a super duper midwife!

I really cannot believe how many hoops I have had to jump through to get this thing done. Anyone that thinks that apprenticeship is easy or not very thourough needs to walk a day in my shoes. This has been much more trying than getting my college degree...and that took me 6 years!! I guess having small kids and no money complicates everything.
Anyhow I need to catch two more babies, do a few newborn exams, and work through a few more skills and then I can turn everything in. The deadline is September 10th. Not too far away really. I cannot wait until the day I take that package to the post office. I'll be inviting all my girls to Clemintine for a "From Russia with Love" and some good ole fashion celebrating.

Well now I really feel like I should be studying or sleeping. So off to bed with a textbook I go.
Peace to all